When you make your own all-purpose cleaner, you never again have to wonder, “What’s in this stuff” and “Is it ok that I’m spraying it all over my house?” As a bonus, you can reduce the need for single-use plastic by using refillable glass bottles. Our DIY Rosemary and Orange infused All-Purpose Cleaning Spray smells like a miracle and is made with ingredients you can see and probably already have.
- 1 quart-sized glass canning jar with lid
- 1 glass spray bottle
- ½ cup rosemary stems
- 1 ½ cup orange peels
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 4 cups water
- Fill the glass jar with orange peels and rosemary. Pour white vinegar into the jar, just enough to cover the peels and herbs.
- Screw the lid on the jar tightly and place in a dark area for 2-4 weeks for the peels and herbs to infuse the vinegar.
- Remove from the cupboard and strain out the peels.
- Mix the vinegar mixture with 4 cups of water and pour it into a glass spray bottle to make a multi-purpose cleaner.
Notes and Variations
- Avoid using this cleaner on granite countertops, as the citric acid may damage the surface. The cleaner works well on glass, tiles, stainless steel, and linoleum floors.
- This cleaning spray makes for a great DIY gift. Make a big batch, buy some pretty glass spray bottles, and tie a bow around it. Voila!