We’ll never know what our dogs want to be when they grow up. Even if you don’t think your dog aspires to be an astronaut, why hold them back? With some strategic snips, you can reuse the box insulation in your Imperfect Box and turn it into an out-of-this-world Halloween costume for dogs. Because obviously, your dog wants to have a zero waste and eco-friendly Halloween too. Or does your dog just want treats? Hard to say for sure.
Making your Dog’s Halloween Costume
- Use the silver foil bag to cut out a vest for your dog. We used a dog life-jacket as our “template” for the astronaut vest. Cut out a wide strap of the silver foil that is long enough to connect the ends of the vest to your dog’s body. Glue one end of the strap to an end of a vest.
- Cut two long rectangles out of your Imperfect box and roll into tubes. Glue the ends together to secure. Cover the rolls with silver foil, leaving one hole uncovered.
- Cut two flame shapes out of cardboard. Paint the flames yellow, orange, and red. Let dry.
- Use a hot glue gun to glue the flames to the uncovered holes of the tubes. Glue the tubes to the back of the silver vest.
- Attach the costume using velcro or safety pins and put on your pup.
If you have more than one pup, checkout our other Halloween costume for dogs.