We love our Imperfect Rolled Oats and Imperfect Maroo Raisins individually but think they’re extra delicious when paired together in this Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe. These oatmeal raisin cookies are perfectly spiced and lightly crisp edges with gooey centers. The flavors of the molasses, cinnamon, and elegant Maroo raisins combine into an unforgettable take on a classic dessert.
Makes 26-30 oatmeal raisin cookies
- 1 c (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 1 c brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ¼ c granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 ½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 c Imperfect Rolled Oats
- 1 c Imperfect Maroo Raisins
- Combine the softened butter and both sugars with a hand mixer or stand mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and mix until fully combined. Scrape bowl if needed. Add vanilla and molasses and mix well until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add to wet ingredients and mix on low until combined. Stir in Imperfect Rolled Oats and Imperfect Maroo Raisins. The dough should be thick and sticky.
- Chill the dough for 30-60 minutes. If you chill your dough for longer than this, set the dough out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. This step will help the dough spread.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Roll balls of dough (about 2 tbsp dough per ball) and place on lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look gooey and under-baked. Remove oatmeal raisin cookies from the oven and let the oatmeal raisin cookies set for a few minutes before eating.
Oatmeal Raison Cookie Notes and Variations
- For even more plump raisins in your oatmeal raisin cookies, try soaking the raisins in warm water for 10 minutes before adding them. Dry them with a towel before mixing them in the dough.
- While the dough is chilling, we encourage you to chill out yourself as well. Alternately, if you’re feeling ambitious, use this time to clean and organize your fridge. Your future self and present housemates will thank you!
Want to make your groceries last longer?
Use our storage guide to waste less food and enjoy cooking more.
You might find these a-peel-ing
Are you the type of person who believes all burgers are incomplete without pickl...
It’s no secret that we love fennel. But we know it’s not always the easiest vege...
Broccoli and cheddar cheese are truly soulmates. They deserve a celebrity couple...
Something crazy happens when you make shrimp spicy. Mix them together with spice...
Feeling festive for fall and craving something sweet? This easy recipe for pumpk...