What I wanted to do was help people cook with fresh veggies and give them a new tool that makes veggies the center of the plate and makes them satisfying.”Trishna Saigal
Have you ever felt stumped by how to turn the random assortment of veggies in your fridge into a meal? We’ve all been there.
Trishna Saigal took this familiar feeling of not knowing how to turn a veggie into dinner and transformed it into Down to Cook Foods, an exciting new food company. They empower people to turn their favorite (or least favorite) veggies into easy, delicious, and protein-packed meals. Trishna shares what inspired her to start her own company, how her training as a chemical engineer changed her perspective on food, and what lessons she learned early on as an entrepreneur. She candidly shares her experiences with workplace racism as a woman of color and explores how standup comedy can help all of us become more woke in the long run. This episode is full of lessons and laughter. So whether you’re an aspiring entrepreneur or just looking to cook more with vegetables, this episode is for you!
Episode Show Notes:
- Learn more about Down to Cook Foods and order it directly from their website.
- Their Instagram is well worth a follow. We discussed Trishna’s recent post about racism in the food industry in depth.
- Trishna is a fan of making Bhaji, a traditional Indian snack
- Trishna Saigal used to perform stand up comedy!
- Trishna’s go-to karaoke song is “Survivor” by Destiny’s Child
If you enjoyed this, you might also like Rethinking Meat Consumption with Misfit Foods.
We do not eat ANYTHING with pumpkin.
Please NEVER put PUMPKIN in our box.
Hey friend! We totally get that everybody has their own preferences so that why we created a customization option for all of your orders. Check out how to customize your boxes here: bit.ly/2FKw4Dq