When it comes to skewers, your options don’t have to be super meaty or bland zucchini. We teamed up with our friends at True Story to assemble a better kebab! The result was this delicious pineapple and chicken sausage skewer that’s equal parts sweet and savory. It’s super easy to make and quite the crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- 2 True Story Organic Sweet Italian Chicken Sausages, sliced
- 1 c fresh pineapple, cut into chunks (or 1 can pineapple chunks)
- 1 red onion, sliced into squares
- ¼ c soy sauce
- ¼ c honey
- Sesame seeds
- In a saucepan with a little oil, add sausage and allow to cook over medium heat until starting to brown. Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel.
- Prepare skewers by alternating sausage, pineapple, and red onion. Place on the grill to cook.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, honey, and sesame seeds. Drizzle onto skewers or serve as a dip.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- For a spicy twist to your pineapple sausage skewers, use True Story Organic Sriracha Jalapeno Chicken sausages!
- To keep your skewers from burning, soak them in water for 20-30 minutes before grilling or go reusable and use metal skewers instead.
Want to make your groceries last longer?
Use our storage guide to waste less food and enjoy cooking more.