When it comes to skewers, your options don’t have to be super meaty or bland zucchini. We teamed up with our friends at True Story to assemble a better kebab! The result was this delicious pineapple and chicken sausage skewer that’s equal parts sweet and savory. It’s super easy to make and quite the crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- 2 True Story Organic Sweet Italian Chicken Sausages, sliced
- 1 c fresh pineapple, cut into chunks (or 1 can pineapple chunks)
- 1 red onion, sliced into squares
- ¼ c soy sauce
- ¼ c honey
- Sesame seeds
- In a saucepan with a little oil, add sausage and allow to cook over medium heat until starting to brown. Remove from heat and drain on a paper towel.
- Prepare skewers by alternating sausage, pineapple, and red onion. Place on the grill to cook.
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce, honey, and sesame seeds. Drizzle onto skewers or serve as a dip.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- For a spicy twist to your pineapple sausage skewers, use True Story Organic Sriracha Jalapeno Chicken sausages!
- To keep your skewers from burning, soak them in water for 20-30 minutes before grilling or go reusable and use metal skewers instead.
Want to make your groceries last longer?
Use our storage guide to waste less food and enjoy cooking more.
You might find these a-peel-ing
Are you the type of person who believes all burgers are incomplete without pickl...
It’s no secret that we love fennel. But we know it’s not always the easiest vege...
Broccoli and cheddar cheese are truly soulmates. They deserve a celebrity couple...
Something crazy happens when you make shrimp spicy. Mix them together with spice...
Feeling festive for fall and craving something sweet? This easy recipe for pumpk...