Have you ever wanted tea and a smoothie at the same time? This Mango Iced Tea is only five ingredients and perfect for lounging-on-the-porch weather or for a cool pick-me-up on a hot day.
- 1 cup mango puree (about 1 and a half large mangos – you can use the extra 1/2 mango for garnishing)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 black tea bags
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey, optional
- Peel the mangoes and cut into chunks. Puree mango chunks in a blender or food process until smooth.
- In a pitcher, pour boiling water over black tea bags and steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and add mango puree to the tea.
- Cover tea and refrigerate until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Strain tea through a sieve to squeeze out mango pulp. Stir in lemon juice and honey, if using. Serve cold with ice and garnish with mango chunks.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- Preserve your leftover mango pulp for a mango and goji berry smoothie!
- For our recipe, we used fresh Meyer lemons and floral honey for a few extra special flavor elements.
- If you don’t have a sieve and you’re a fan of pulp, you could also make the tea this way: Chill the tea without mango, and then once it’s cold blend with the mango and other ingredients.
- If you loved this recipe for Mango Iced tea and you’re a fan of being refreshed, we think you’d enjoy this Refreshing Strawberry Basil Lemonade.
Want to make your groceries last longer?
Use our storage guide to waste less food and enjoy cooking more.
You might find these a-peel-ing
Broccoli and cheddar cheese are truly soulmates. They deserve a celebrity couple...
Something crazy happens when you make shrimp spicy. Mix them together with spice...
Feeling festive for fall and craving something sweet? This easy recipe for pumpk...
These cookies can be made with any leftover snacks and chocolate you have on han...
As healthy as it is hearty, this dish features Daring plant-based chicken tossed...