We’ve reinvented the peanut butter and jelly sandwich by replacing those basic bread slices with waffles! Perfect for going back to school, this kid-pleasing peanut butter sandwich with a twist will have them asking for more.
Makes 1 Waffled PB&J
- cooking spray, butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 2 slices of bread
- 1-2 Tbsp nut/seed butter of choice
- 2-3 tsp jam/jelly of choice
- hemp hulls (optional)
- Spray waffle iron with cooking spray and heat to medium setting.
- Spread 1 tbsp of nut/seed butter on the bread and add an additional tbsp if necessary to create a thick layer.
- Spread 2-3 tsp of jam/jelly on the other piece of bread in an even layer.
- Sprinkle nut butter side with hemp hulls for a nutritious boost if desired.
- Place jam covered bread over the nut butter side and place in the middle of the waffle iron. Close the waffle iron tightly and cook until golden brown and crisp on both sides.
Waffled PB&J Notes and Variations
- No waffle iron? No problem! Use a panini press instead! Or, cook on the stove. Simply heat butter, ghee, or coconut oil in a pan over medium heat and cook the assembled PB&J until crisped on the outside and warm on the inside, about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Serve with a side of veggies and carrot hummus!
Want to make your groceries last longer?
Use our storage guide to waste less food and enjoy cooking more.
You might find these a-peel-ing
Are you the type of person who believes all burgers are incomplete without pickl...
It’s no secret that we love fennel. But we know it’s not always the easiest vege...
Broccoli and cheddar cheese are truly soulmates. They deserve a celebrity couple...
Something crazy happens when you make shrimp spicy. Mix them together with spice...
Feeling festive for fall and craving something sweet? This easy recipe for pumpk...
Thanks for fun recipes!
Your QR code was on the IMperfect Foods sharp cheddar I used for brunch.