This gnocchi recipe is a celebration of spring! The bright and crisp spring onions pair spectacularly with the creamy burrata and warm gnocchi. This dish is surprisingly easy to pull together and we guarantee you’ll want to add it to your weekly rotation!
- 17.6 oz gnocchi
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 c of asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c pesto
- 1/2 c of burrata or ricotta cheese
- Cook gnocchi according to package instructions. Reserve half a cup of the cooking water and set aside. Drain the gnocchi and set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add asparagus and the bottoms of the spring onion. Sauté for 1 minute. Add cherry tomatoes, garlic, and balsamic vinegar and sauté for another 2-4 minutes or until the asparagus is tender but still slightly crunchy.
- Add cooked gnocchi, 1/4 c of the cooking water, tops of the spring onion, and pesto. If you’re using ricotta, add that in at this time. Season with salt and pepper and toss until well coated. If you’re using burrata, top with pieces of burrata and enjoy!
Recipe Notes and Variations
- If you don’t have gnocchi on hand, feel free to swap it for any other pasta you have you in your pantry. The flavor combination is delicious regardless of the base! If you can’t find spring onions, green onions will taste just as great.
- Serve with a Plum and Ginger Old Fashioned for a very fancy, very adult upgrade.
Want to make your groceries last longer?
Use our storage guide to waste less food and enjoy cooking more.