New cookbook alert! Our friend Samah Dada from NBC’s #Cooking is launching her first cookbook packed with her favorite plant-based recipes for sharing with friends and family. We love her delightful recipe for Masala Popcorn, which is perfect for your next picnic, movie night, or backyard barbecue.
- 2 Tbsp Imperfect Foods Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 c Imperfect Foods Movie Theater-Style Popcorn Kernels
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Kosher salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy pot over medium-high heat. Toss in a few popcorn kernels, and when they pop, add the rest of the kernels along with the garam masala, cayenne, and salt. Toss the kernels in the masala and oil until they are coated evenly.
- Cover the pot and cook, continuing to shake the pot so the kernels cook evenly until the popping slows.
- Immediately transfer the popcorn to a bowl and toss it with extra salt and the nutritional yeast.
- Let the popcorn settle for a few minutes, then enjoy.
Recipe Notes and Variations
- Check out more of Samah’s recipes like (our personal favorite) this delicious recipe for Salted Almond Butter Cups.
- Or mix and match your popcorn with our recipe for Matcha and White Chocolate Popcorn.
Want to make your groceries last longer?
Use our storage guide to waste less food and enjoy cooking more.
You might find these a-peel-ing
Are you the type of person who believes all burgers are incomplete without pickl...
It’s no secret that we love fennel. But we know it’s not always the easiest vege...
Broccoli and cheddar cheese are truly soulmates. They deserve a celebrity couple...
Something crazy happens when you make shrimp spicy. Mix them together with spice...
Feeling festive for fall and craving something sweet? This easy recipe for pumpk...